9.09.2011

Get this baby here!

My due date is on Monday, but I really really want to have baby Nixon this weekend. Mike wouldn't have classes and my sister-in-law is in town and could come over and watch Kate during the night. That being said....

We are on MIT's insurance plan so we use the doctors they have at the MIT Medical Center. Can I just say my doctor in Houston was SOOOOO much better. They are all nat-u-ral here. Which is not bad, just different. Their motto is whenever the baby gets here, the baby gets here. I have only seen the doctor once and she wouldn't even consider inducing as an option until 41 weeks! They don't even check to see if you are dilated until your due date.

Today I saw the nurse practitioner and begged her to check and see if anything was going on. She consented to my pleadings and Mike's prodding and reported that I am dilated to a 3 and 50% effaced. Hooray!

One of my sister-in-laws, has taken caster oil with all 3 of her kids and it has put her into labor. So...later this afternoon I bought some on impulse and took it. We will see if anything happens. If not, I will just be completely cleaned out.

Come on baby Nixon lets get this show on the road! Oh ya, did I mention that he is already 8+ lbs. If he is too late, he will be 9 lbs! Shoot me!

6 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh Julia! I am dieing!!!! Oh I am so excited for you and keeping my fingers crossed!

Jill said...

Good luck! I might have to side with your doctors ;)

Jen and Lance said...

Ahhh! I hope you have this little baby! Good luck with all that. I'm so excited to see your #2!!

Mcbride Family said...

I did castor oil with my oldest and I will NEVER do that again. I was in torture. lol. BUT hey if it works, and its worth it, why not? Right? I feel so bad for you that the doctor is that way! I have two weeks left and my doctor checked me today to tell me (not to rub that in) and he said I was 50% efaced and only a 1. But I didn't realize how close we were together having our babes! I swear I am going to go into labor next week. OH AND HEY, if you have an 8-9 pounder you won't have to worry about him losing weight and they always seem healthier when theyre bigger. I am excited for you! Good Luck!!!

Rachel said...

We are thinking if you this weekend! Hope he comes safely and soon!! Jackson was over 9 pounds and a week early! But I loved having a big baby - such a good eater and sleeper from the beginning :-)

andrea said...

Hey Julia! I've been "blog-stalking" you for a while after I ran across your blog through a comment you made on Nicole's blog a while ago. What a beautiful family you have, and congrats on your new little boy! They are awesome. What fun to be in Boston. I'm jealous! Hope you can enjoy it while keeping up with your little ones. Still can't believe you are having babies.....makes me feel awfully old. ;)

Andrea (Nicoll)