8.28.2011

We Made It!



We made it to Boston!
We are moved into our 585 sq. ft. dorm/apartment, survived the earthquake and hurricane, Mike starts orientation and now we are just waiting for the baby to get here! Boston is so different then Houston. Everything in TX is big! Everything here is small and compacted.

Driving and trying to find my way around has been the hardest thing. I am totally scared to drive anywhere by myself. Our Tahoe is a beast on the road, the drivers are aggressive and rude and parking is horrible. Can I also mention that I CAN NOT parallel park
(embarrassing to admit). Mike attempted to teach me tonight and it didn't go so well. I told him it would probably be cheaper in the long run to pay to park then pay to fix the cars I hit in the next to years. Bless my Heart!!!!
Besides that we are great! The weather is amazing (especially compared to Houston right now) and it is so beautiful.
I have had request to post pictures of our little house. Space is a little tight, but it will work. Our next door neighbors have 4 kids in the same place. It can alway be worse....
Our very favorite thing is a great playground where we live, which is going to be our saving grace for the next two years.

We are excited to start this next chapter of our lives!

The kitchen is actually not horribly small. The only bad thing is the previous tenants did some crazy cooking and I am having a hard time getting the grease and fish oil smells out of the cabinets. Really gross
Family room/ kate's play area
Our couch wouldn't fit in the moving van, which is okay because it would have been too big for the room. We found this love seat at Costco. Both sides recline. Mike is in heaven because I swore I would never have recliner chairs/couch. Now we have 3!

Kate's room
I am not exactly sure where the baby is going to sleep, but we will figure it out.

bathroom, kate has been doing amazingly well going potty in the potty. Hopefully it will last.
(Thanks you Melissa for the shower curtain! Deal of a century)

There are some upsides of living where we are living and this is one of them. All we have to do is walk across the street and we have a beautiful view of the Charles River and great running/biking paths.
This is our backyard an
awesome fenced in park.
Please notice my laundry baskets in my stroller. We don't have a washer and dryer....Still trying to figure out the best way for us to get our laundry done.
First real outing... Park and feeding the ducks
At my last Dr. apt. they did an ultra sound and they did a 3d picture. It is crazy how real looking baby Nixon looks. We are excited for him to get here!


4 comments:

Jill said...

How fun! You guys are going to have a blast. Have you read "Make Way for Ducklings" to Kate? It's a great kids book about Boston and they have statues of the ducklings at the park in Boston. My Kate loved that when we were there.

Shirlee said...

Ahh, this brings back so many memories. You'll figure it all out. You'll even find your way to Target, I promise. I became a self-proclaimed expert parallel parker, and even impressed Martin Vaughn with my skills when we moved to TX! Enjoy the gorgeous fall while it lasts! Drive up to Walden or the Mohawk Trail if you can, you'll find some awesome pumpkin farms for Halloween!

Melissa said...

I love your little home/dorm...you crack me up. It is cozy and will be such an experience for you guys. I'm jealous that you actually are going to have seasons ;) As for that parallel parking thing...I'm right there with you. I still am scared out of my mind in the truck

Alisa said...

Julia it looks great! You have it decorated so cute and I love your new tv stand and bookshelfs I have wanted that forever.