7.06.2009

utah in june!

I love utah summers! Kate and i spent pretty much the whole month of June in Utah. We had so much fun! We hung out with tons of friends and family while we were there. 

The best part of the trip was that my brother Cameron came home from his mission in Ohio. It was so much fun hanging out with him. He was such a great missionary and loved it so much. He wasn't sure he wanted to come home, but we are glad he did! He was so cute with Kate, he couldn't get enough.

 The last week we were there most my family, including Mike went rafting down the Grand Canyon. It was pretty hard core. My dad was a river guide in college and has been down the Grand Canyon 53 times! This trip was a big deal because it was a private trip and it took 13 years to get a permit. They do everything themselves with no guides except my dad and his granola buddies.  Mike had to get back to work early so he had to hike out 14 miles up and out of the Grand Canyon. That was the worst part but, besides that he was in heaven!  












We pretty much went swimming everyday in my parents backyard. It was great!
4 wheeling up at Wolf Creek!
Kate's first hair cute! 


The Ricks Clan
The newest thing Kate loves is dogs, big or small she is in heaven when she sees one
Makinley and Kate cousins!

At the airport!


9 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh it looks like so much fun! Seriously Nate looks so freaking tall in those pictures and it makes me sad to think that I haven't seen camtram yet:(

The Nixon Family said...

what a fun time! looks like a blast. and how scandalous katie lynn looks in her bikini! so cute! have fun in new york!

Ashley said...

Welcome home Elder Ricks. That looks like a dream trip down the Grand Canyon. Your dad is the most hooked up man I know.

Jen and Lance said...

Ahhh! i love the pictures of mike's trip. I'm so jealous! I want to go! It was so fun having you here and being able to hang out with you. I miss you already. Thanks for taking care of Lance and I on the fourth. we had so much fun and Lance is still talking about it. Love ya ju!

Steve and Ismari said...

I would love to hike through the Grand Canyon! Good times! You baby is the sweetest thing. Come see us sometime!!!

Izzy

andrea said...

it was so fun to see you- call me if you are in town any time soon. love you lots.

Ashley Schill said...

Looks like a great trip! That's so neat you got to be there when your brother got home from his mission. We miss you guys! can't wait to see you when you get back from new york!

Chad and Carly Carlson said...

I have missed you so much! We need to chat soon!

Vince said...

what a fun time! looks like a blast. and how scandalous katie lynn looks in her bikini! so cute! have fun in new york!

___________________
Vince
Best place for your complete Internet marketing